Is Delta Accepting pets in Cargo?
Delta Airlines allows you to fly with your furry friends without being subject to inconveniences. The airline allows you to carry some of your pet kids as a carry-on while some are given cargo. The seat allotted for your pets depends on their size and age; you need to provide some required documents. Suppose you are planning a trip with Delta, have a pet along with you, and want to inquire whether Delta accepts pets in Cargo on their flights. So to provide you with answers, below are the mentioned points that carry resolutions to your queries. Please have a look at it:
- Yes, Delta accepts pets in Cargo but on certain conditions that, are the following, have a look:
- You have to make a booking 14 days prior if you want to ship your pet domestically.
- You may incur additional costs to the airlines to ship a pet in Cargo.
Delta Airlines Pet Policy
This article gives you an overview of finding a seat for your friends with paws. Here, you get information on the pet policy introduced by Delta Airlines to suit the comfortability of your pets. Also, you get enlightened about the documentation formalities to check in your pet. Need more information? Keep scrolling the article and its upcoming selections!
The pet policy of Delta Airlines suggests that you can travel with small dogs, cats, and household birds by just paying a one-way fee. You need to pay for the seat purchase at the time of check-in. However, the airline requires you to fit them in a small pet carrier that must be well-ventilated. The airline has introduced a pet-friendly policy to ensure that your little one can lead a safe, healthy, and ‘pawsome’ flight! Check the below-mentioned points out if you want to transport your pet as a carry-on:
- If you travel within domestic borders, ensure that your pet is at least ten weeks old.
- If you travel to the United States of America from any other company, the age requirement is at least 16 weeks old and 15 weeks if you are traveling to the European Union.
- Delta Airlines allows only one pet per kennel, but there are some exceptions, like, if your female cat/dog has litter between 10 weeks to 6 months of age.
- The good news is that the airline does not impose limitations on the number of litter allowed with your pet.
- If you have two pets of identical size and breed, you can keep them in one kennel if their age does not exceed by ten weeks to 6 months.
- But, it is important that the accompanying pets are compatible with each other and can fit perfectly inside one kennel.
- In such a scenario where two pets travel in one kennel, the airline imposes booking charges only on one pet.
The important thing to bring to your notice is that the kennel is counted as a carry-on item. So, if you are bringing a kennel, you are allowed to bring one personal item while checking in.
There are In-cabin pet policies, checked baggage pet policies, and Air Cargo pet policies; below is a detailed discussion about these policies that will assist you:
- In-Cabin Pet policy- You are allowed to carry small dogs, cats, and birds within the USA, and they must be 10 weeks old to travel. Two pets are allowed to travel in the same kennel if they have a similar species.
- Checked baggage pet policy- Delta Airlines does not permit a pet to travel as checked baggage for ordinary passengers. (not applicable to US military)
- Air Cargo pet policy- if a crate exceeds a size of 61 CM in height, airlines will not accept it. (exception for service pets).
- You have to present a health certificate to the airlines being asked at the time of verification.
- The airlines can charge extra fares if a carrier exceeds the provided size and weight.
- In case of any doubt, or for more clarification about the policy and the process, then you can also reach out to the customer executive of Delta Airlines on their phone number, 1 (800) 221-1212.
Things to know before flying Delta Airlines with pet:
If you have booked your flight ticket along with your pet with Delta Airlines, then you are advised to go through the points that can be essential for you:
- If you have carry-on pets, you are not allowed to sit in certain areas, for instance, No stowage seats, Bulkhead seats, Flatbed seats, emergency exit rows, etc.
- Ensure your pet does not come out of the carrier during the journey, as it may make other passengers uncomfortable.
- Delta Airlines allows 2 pets in first class, 2 in business class, and 4 in first class. And you have to inform and present all the requested documents, for example, health certificates, etc., to the airlines.
How strict is Delta about pet carrier Size?
There are specific essential points that one has to keep in mind about the size of the carrier and other essential points. So, look at the points that are mentioned below to have a brief idea about the same:
- There is a strict requirement that a pet must fit into the kennel or pet carrier and that it can easily fit under the seat.
- A carrier must be ventilated and leakproof, so a pet does not experience any issues.
- If a pet is being shipped internationally, then there must be three-side ventilation in a carrier.
- The size of a carrier may be around 18"×11"×11", and this size may vary from time to time, so please get updates from the airlines by calling on their helpline number.
Does Delta require documentation for pets?
If you book a ticket with a pet on Delta, you need to provide essential documents like you validated your booking! Ensure that you have all the necessary health-related documents required based on the destination you are traveling to. Your health certificate must be issued within at least ten days of the trip, and the rabies vaccination certificate for dogs, cats, and ferrets. Check out other documents required by your chosen destination online using the airline’s official website.
What paperwork do I need to fly with my dog on Delta?
When traveling with a dog on a Delta flight, you must have a health certificate issued within ten days of your flight’s departure. Check out the essential certificates that you must carry to check-in without any hassle:
- You must have a United States-issued rabies vaccination certificate if traveling to/from the US.
- Carry proof of a microchip for your dog.
- Your dog must be at least six months old and have a birth certificate signed by a verified vet.
If you have the mentioned documents ready beforehand, you can help your pets get onboard without any trouble. For more information, consider contacting the pet cargo department of Delta Airlines and grab professional guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Completing the check-in process on time is essential to get the boarding pass, which means you are not breachin
Can I get my united e-ticket on phone
Airline security lines are going longer and longer and passengers sear
Execute these easy steps so as to know how to claim missing miles on Turkish Airlines
Have a wonderful trip
Avianca Airlines is known for its prompt customer support. If you are facing any issue with your reservation, i
Completing the check-in process is essential when you make flight reservations to visit any destination. In thi
Latam Airlines Bangkok Customer Service
Suppose you want to reach the Bangkok office in Thailand as yo