Turkish Airlines caters to the needs and requirements of its travelers and understands the necessity of imposition of protocols against the COVID-19 pandemic. Many travelers want to get back on the traveling track, and Turkish Airlines ensures the utmost security in the air.
What Are The COVID Guidelines For Turkish Airlines
Every traveler must satisfy several Turkish Airlines COVID test requirements for transit passengers. If you are also a transit traveler or a general traveler, for that matter, you need to complete some important documentation as asked by the airline to be on board with them.
General Conditions for COVID-19 at Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines has introduced and taken some major steps to keep the spread of the COVID-19 virus from spreading. If you are thinking of booking Turkish Airlines for your next trip, then you must take a look at the protocols put forth by the airline-
Before You Take the Flight
- It is highly recommendable that you complete the check-in formalities, preferably online or using the Turkish Airlines mobile application to maintain the social distance.
- Ensure that you arrive at the airport to complete the process without facing any rush if you prefer manual check-in.
- Do not forget to go through the Turkish Airlines COVID policy and ensure that you have all the necessary documents, including the COVID-19 negative test report packed with you before you leave your home.
While You Are at the Airport
- Turkish Airlines has mandated that you wear a mask throughout; make sure that your mask does not consist of any valves or vents.
- Keep a safe social distance of at least 1.5 meters with fellow citizens at the airport.
- At the Turkish Airlines service points, you can see panes are installed so that employees and travelers can maintain a safe distance.
While Boarding for the Flight
- One must follow the basic physical distancing regulations while boarding for their respective Turkish Airlines flight.
- To reduce the rush in the boarding cabin, the airline calls out for the group starting from the last row.
- Cabin crews are provided with necessary protective equipment to ensure a safe flight for travelers and other staff members.
When You Are Onboard
- The Turkish Airlines COVID rules for transit passengers stay the same for any general passenger meaning that you need to follow all the protocols, no matter the status.
- Once you are on board, ensure that you keep a safe distance and do not touch any often touched surfaces- tray tables, armrests, belts, side panels, lavatories, etc.
- To make the flight experience even more hygienic and safe, the airline has installed a special filtration system- HEPA, which is very efficient and is known to eradicate 99.7% of dangerous particles.
COVID Refund Policy of Turkish Airlines
As per the Turkish Airline coronavirus refund policy, you can receive a full refund if you cancel your flight due to COVID restrictions. If your flight is disrupted due to COVID, you can make a voucher claim too at Turkish Airlines. However, if you tested positive against the virus, you need to inform Turkish Airlines travel consolidators as soon as possible to retrieve a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions