TAP Air is the flag carrier of Portugal and is known to provide everything you might need onboard. With its flexible baggage policy and fee, TAP Air allows you to travel with anything you need. This article will help you find out what checked baggage you can carry and the standard dimension set by the airline.
TAP Portugal carry-on Baggage Allowance
With TAP Air Portugal baggage policy in effect, a traveler can carry a certain number of checked baggage onboard. But the item you are allowed to carry for free depends on the type of fare you selected and the destination you are covering. Take reference from the following mentioned pointers to understand the baggage policy even better:
- If you have booked a Miles&Cash ticket or MilesOnly ticket, you are privileged to take only a single checked bag with you.
- Also, the dimension of that checked bag must satisfy the given standard dimension of 23 kg/ 50lb in TAP|Plus, two bags up to 32kg/70 lbs in TAP|Top Executive.
- If your ticket is issued before the end of July 2021, you can retain three pieces of free checked baggage.
- For Economy Class fares, 50 lbs is the maximum weight assigned for checked bags if you do not want to pay extra.
- 70 lbs are considered the maximum weight if you are booked in an Executive Class; if your bag weighs over 70 lbs should be considered as cargo by the airline.
Toddler And Children Baggage Allowances
- When traveling with a toddler, you can take baggage up to 10 kg; the term and conditions vary if you are booked with a tap|discount.
- You can take a foldable pram with you as checked baggage if you are booked with a tap|discount fare.
- Children between the age group of 2-11 are subjected to the same baggage policy as adults.
- The checked baggage allowance, in this case, too, depends upon the fare, route, and status of your booked flight.
TAP Portugal Payable Baggage Fare
Just like the baggage allowances, the TAP Air Portugal Baggage Fee also depends on your ticket's type of fare and route. To know better about the baggage fare, take assistance from the given points:
- For flights to or from Portugal, Spain, and North Africa, 39 USD is the payable amount for tap|discount fare on the first baggage weighing up to 50 lbs. Around 70 USD is charged for the second baggage weighing up to 50 lbs, followed by 95 USD on the third piece weighing the same.
- For flights going to or from Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Croatia, Switzerland, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Italy, the applicable charges on your first, second and third pieces of baggage are about 51 USD, 83 USD, and 100 USD respectively on baggage weighing up to 50 lbs.
TAP Air Portugal Customer Service
So, if you need to carry extra checked baggage with you, TAP Air allows you to purchase an extra hold allowance. To know about the TAP Air Portugal baggage policy for other destinations, visit the airline's official website, or you can also contact the customer service at 1 (800) 221-7370 of TAP Air.
- Help Center. +1 800 931 18 21. Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacts. (+351) 218 415 000. Write to us. Edifício 25 do Aeroporto de Lisboa. 1700-008 Lisbon Portugal
- Website. https://www.tapcorporate.com/
- Assistance Center. Miami (Cargo): +19736217666. New York - Newark (Cargo): +19736217666
Frequently Asked Questions