Easy guide to help you request a refund at Korean Air!
Korean Air is known as the largest airline and the flag carrier of South Korea. The airline is known to provide excellent onboard amenities to cater to the needs and requirements of its travelers. The booking and refund policy at Korean Air is installed to give a comfortable and untroubled flight experience to its guests.
When you book a ticket with Korean Air, a dedicated customer service team is assigned to help you out in your difficult situation. The Korean Air Refund Policy can benefit you if you are looking forward to canceling your flight. Take a look at the further mentioned points to request a refund at Korean Air.
Steps To Get A Refund From Korean Air
If your ticket qualifies all the pre-decided terms and conditions of getting a refund, you need to follow the given steps to submit your request:
- Get to the Korean Air website using your web browser.
- On the first page, you can get the Find Trips option to retrieve your booking.
- Enter the required details like Booking Reference or the Ticket Number, Last Name of the passenger, the date of your boarding, and the First Name of the passenger; click on the Search button given at the bottom of the refund form.
- Next, you get the details of your flight on the next page.
- Proceed to cancel your flight and provide the necessary details of why you are canceling your flight.
- Once you cancel your flight next, you need to request a refund on your canceled flight.
- To request a refund, you might have to provide some necessary documents which would confirm the cause of your cancelation.
- Complete the payment procedure if prompted on your computer or mobile screen.
- Next, the airline will send you the confirmation message if your request gets accepted.
Once you receive the request confirmation message, consider getting the refund credited within three to five days of request submission. Keep reading the article if you wish to understand the Korean Air Refund Policy in depth.
About Korean Air Refund Policy
Given are some terms and conditions put forth by the airline if you wish to receive a refund on your canceled flight:
- Depending on which means you used to book your ticket, a traveler can make refund requests using the Korean Air Service Center, airline’s branch office, Korean Air official website, and travel agency.
- The airline makes it necessary to submit your refund request at least within the first 30 days of the initial booking.
- If you purchased the ticket using cash, the refund money would be credited into the traveler’s bank account.
- If you booked your ticket using your credit card, it could not be refunded as cash; so, the refund amount will be credited to the holder’s card company, and they will transfer you as per their policy.
- A traveler must keep the given documents ready beforehand to make refund requests
- E-ticket itinerary
- Photo ID of the passenger
Can You Cancel Korean Air Flight?
Yes, you can cancel the flight booking on Korean Air and get a refund. Also, to cancel a flight ticket, you don't need to go anywhere but open the website. From the official website, you can cancel your flight ticket. Give steps that will help you to cancel your ticket.
- Before anything else, you need to go to the website of Korean Air.
- Then you see the Find Trips section, click it.
- If you have a member login, log in to your account. Otherwise, you can use booking details to get your ticket.
- Next, you need to enter the Boarding Date, First and Middle Name, and click Search.
- After that, you see the flight details, and you need to choose the Cancellation option.
- Follow the instructions prompt on your screen and complete the cancellation.
- Further, you may see the payment section to pay cancellation charges and applicable taxes.
- Once you complete the cancellation on Korean Air, you receive an email confirming the same.
Before you cancel your ticket on Korean Air, you should know the Korean Air cancellation policy. And to help you to understand the procedure, here are some points that save you from paying additional charges.
- To avoid cancellation charges, you should cancel the tickets within 24 hours of the booking. Also, you may get a full refund.
- Only flight tickets booked seven or more days before the departure may not require to pay the cancellation charges on canceling within 24 hours.
- Tickets booked from the official website of the airline are eligible to cancel online. Flight tickets purchase from a travel agent need to contact the agent to cancel them.
Apart from this, if you need to know more about the Korean Air cancellation policy, the support team representatives are available on a phone call. Dial the Korean Airlines helpline number anytime and get assistance.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Refund From Korean Air
Korean Air is a major airline in Korea and is highly known for its flexible booking and refund protocols. The airline strives to provide a comfortable and luxurious journey to travelers, and its policies are an extra treat in the journey. Korean Air understands the change in your plans due to any unavoidable situation; this is why the airline has introduced refund terms and conditions to benefit the passengers.
As per the Korean Air refund policy, travelers will get the refund amount within 3-5 working days from the request submission date. Take help from this article if you do not wish to face any negative consequences.
If you need to cancel your Korean Air flight due to any said changes in your travel plans, you should keep in mind the terms and conditions related to the refund. Take note of the given points before you request a refund at Korean Air;
- If the airline cancels your flight due to some government travel restrictions, the refund penalties are waived off with immediate effect.
- The refund you receive on the type of fare you selected and if you have booked a Korean Air refundable ticket or not.
- If you are booked with a Basic Economy fare, the airline does not allow you to cancel your flight for a refund if you cross the standard time of cancelation period.
- You might have to pay some charges around $200 to $500 depending on the route you selected if you wish to cancel a non-refundable ticket.
- After you pay the applicable charges, the airline will recalculate the refund amount by deducting the fare, and finally, you will get the refund in the e-Credit form. You can use this credit in your future travel with Korean Air.
If you cancel the flight by following all the necessary instructions, you can receive the refund in the next 3-5 days from the request submission date. However, if you face any trouble complying with the Korean Air refund policy, consider contacting the airline’s customer service.
Korean Air Customer Service
Before you make changes in your flight, keep in mind the given Korean Air Refund Policy and act accordingly. Also, you can take the help of Korean Air customer representatives to get a second opinion on your canceled flight.
Frequently Asked Questions