Emirates is a major airline and is known to provide better travel opportunities to its travelers. The airline allows you to make your journey comfortable and safe by bestowing upon several travel facilities. No matter when you need the assistance and what type of assistance you want, Emirates provides it all in just one request.
Does Emirates Allow You To Get A Wheelchair
If you need a wheelchair to onboard your flight and need an answer to how to get a wheelchair on Emirates, this article can help you out effectively. From here, you can grab several efficient methods of booking a wheelchair from the Emirates and make your journey feasible.
Methods To Get Wheelchair At Emirates
Emirates allows you to take special assistance anytime throughout a journey, and the executives at Emirates are always happy to provide a helping hand. The attendants can even help you move with the wheelchair, and you can book the assistance by any of the given methods-
Get Wheelchair Assitance While booking
- If you want a wheelchair, you can book it while making a reservation with Emirates as the airline provides a wheelchair at any airport-
- Open the official Emirates homepage and navigate the flight booking window.
- Proceed further by following the booking steps and formalities until you reach the customization page.
- There you can select the Emirates Wheelchair Booking option to book yourself a wheelchair.
- Now, proceed further by paying the applicable charges, including the wheelchair assistance charges.
- The airline confirms the booking of flight tickets and wheelchair assistance in your email or on the registered contact number.
How To Get Wheelchair Assistance At Airport
- When you are at the airport and need special assistance, you can do it at the Emirates terminals.
- Also, you can book the wheelchair or any special assistance from the flight, and an Emirates agent can escort you to and from the pick-up point.
- The best way to book wheelchair assistance is by asking the customer service representative to do it for you.
- Contact the Emirates customer service before the scheduled departure date so that you can get the best possible assistance.
- Also, you can contact the airline through several contact methods- call, live chat, and email.
Choose any of the mentioned methods, and you can get yourself a wheelchair or mobility aid from Emirates.
Things to know before booking a wheelchair
If you are booking a wheelchair at Emirates, below discussed is a list of important notes to keep in mind-
- You can bring medical equipment, including the collapsible manual wheelchair, and the airline does not count it with your overall cabin baggage allowance.
- The airline checks the mobility and capacity if they can be stored securely inside the cabin.
- The airline measures the size and weight of the wheelchair to help you check in your wheelchair; make sure that you pack the wheelchair properly to travel comfortably.
How do I add a handicap to my Emirates flight?
If you or any family members need assistance through the airport or on board, you can add a wheelchair when booking. You can also contact the airline at least 48 hours before the flight to arrange wheelchair assistance. The Emirates team will arrange a wheelchair and help you if you carry your wheelchair or mobility ads. If you don't know how to add a handicap to your emirates flight, follow the step given:-
Add wheelchair assistance during booking
- First, you need to visit the official web portal of Emirates and go to the flight booking window.
- You can proceed with the booking steps and reach the customization page
- There select the emirates wheelchair booking options and book a wheelchair for the handicap
- Now proceed with the payment and pay for the applicable charges, including the wheelchair assistance if applicable
- The airline will confirm the booking and wheelchair assistance requirement by sending a confirmation email
- Contacting the Emirates customer support team can add a handicap to your flight.
- You can call on Emirates customer care number 1800 777 3999 and provide the details
- You can ask for wheelchair assistance at the time of booking or at least 48 hours before departure
Besides, here are some worth mentioning points mentioned below for your reference.
- The emirates provide wheelchair assistance to all the airports. From the entrance to the boarding gate and also for flight connection. From the flight to the terminal entrance point at the arrival airport.
- You can also add an onboard wheelchair for disabled passengers.
- Ensure you select an accessible seat for the disabled during online check-in or through a travel agent.
- You must reach the airport before your standard check-in time if you wish to take your wheelchair to the gate.
- You can also carry your wheelchair or assistive devices free of cost.
- In that case, provide the dimension, weight, etc. to the emirates booking office 48 hours before departure.
You can talk to the Emirates travel agent about the Emirates wheelchair charges and how you can get the assistance easily. Now that you know Emirates provides special assistance anytime you want it, what are you waiting for? Book a ticket now with Emirates and explore the taste of traveling in the air!
Frequently Asked Questions
Disabled seats are for passengers who need mobility assistance. These seats are accessible in the aisle. The disabled seats have moveable armrests so that you can be easily transferred between your seat and the wheelchair when needed. Because of safety reasons, passengers with restricted mobility are not offered an exit row seat; rather, they are given disabled seats.
Yes! If you or your family member requires mobility assistance, Emirates wheelchair assistance is available for free. You can carry your wheelchair and assistive devices free of charge, which includes:-
- Motorised and non-motorized wheelchairs and assistive transport devices are subject to size and weight restrictions. If you carry a battery-powered wheelchair or other mobility assistive device, provide size, weight, and battery spec to your local emirates office at least two days before the departure.
- When travelling with Emirates, you can carry two assistive devices and medical equipment along with carry-on baggage for free unless they are approved for transportation.
- If your assistive device or wheelchair is too large in dimension or heavy, the emirates staff will stow it in the hold, and you might need to pay some charges in that case.
Emirates doesn't charge for wheelchair assistance if you require mobility assistance at the airport or on board. Besides, you are also allowed to carry a battery-powered wheelchair or other mobility assistance devices with you, in addition to carry-on baggage for free.
However, if your wheelchair or mobility assistive devices are heavy or large in size, they are stowed in the hold. In that case, you might need to pay some charges, which you can ask from the local emirates offices or your travel agent. As there are various factors, you must speak to the emirates agent about the wheelchair assistance charges in your case.
Cathay Pacific Name Change, Correction and Cancellation policy
Making mistakes is familiar to everyone. We m
If passengers traveling with Flair Air wish to cancel their flight tickets, they can do it online through the a
Regional Express is Australian Airlines based in Mascot, New South Wales. It has been associated with Delta Air
People who are going to go for holidays around Christmas must be planning it as tickets are very cheap around t
If you are looking forward to changing your flight with Flair, here you can find out all the relevant informati
Do Swoop flights get canceled a lot?
Swoop airlines work according to the traveler's needs and requireme