Ryanair provides a travel voucher to travelers who wish to cancel their reservations due to unavoidable reasons. You are not obliged to take the voucher; you can also ask for a monetary refund depending on your suitability.
How To Cancel Ryanair Flight Ticket
If you look forward to canceling your reservation, you need to consider the Ryanair cancellation policy if you wish to skip paying any extra charges. With the help of this article, you can find out essential information to consider while canceling a Ryanair reservation.
Easy Steps To Cancel Your Ryanair Reservation
Follow the given steps if you do not know how to cancel an existing reservation at Ryanair using its official website-
- Use your preferred web browser to launch the official Ryanair homepage.
- You can find the My Booking tab; click on it.
- Now, you can retrieve your booking by using any of the two mentioned ways-
- Using your Google or Facebook account, or
- Using the Ticket Reservation Number or Email Address.
- Access your Ryanair account and proceed further, choosing the reservation you wish to cancel.
- Next, click on the Cancel option as given on the cancelation page and complete the formalities of the customer consent page.
- Provide essential documents as proof for why you are canceling the Ryanair ticket.
- Review Ryanair's cancellation terms and conditions and go for the refund page.
- Congratulations! You have successfully submitted the cancellation request, and now you can process the refund.
Now that you know how to cancel a Ryanair flight ticket, you need to gain some important understanding about the cancellation policy of Ryanair. Keep digging the article to find out some general and crucial guidelines introduced by Ryanair that can benefit you in real-time!
General Ryanair Cancellation Policy
Check out some of the important cancelation terms and conditions put forth by Ryanair to benefit its travelers-
- The cancelation policy at Ryanair stays effective for both refundable and non-refundable fare types.
- The refund amount you are eligible to obtain depends on the time and reason for the cancellation.
- You are allowed to get a refund or travel voucher after canceling the ticket only if you have booked the ticket using Ryanair's official website, customer service, or its ticket counter.
The Risk-Free Cancellation at Ryanair
- The Ryanair cancellation policy within 24 hours helps you to cancel your flight for free and claim a full refund on it; to get it in effect, you need to cancel within 24 hours of the initial reservation.
- The airline processes the refund within 7-10 working days from when you submit the refund request.
- However, if you cancel the flight after the golden risk-free cancellation period, the taxes and other charges remain non-refundable.
- However, if you cancel your reservation due to the death of a family member, then the airline helps you by compensating the trip by waiving bereavement fees for you.
Ryanair Cancellation Fees
- If you cancel a Ryanair reservation within 24 hours before its actual departure, you must pay cancellation charges.
- Although, if you need to know how much does it cost to cancel a Ryanair flight, the charges vary between $19-22. It depends on the type of fare selected and when you are canceling.
- Generally, Ryanair flight tickets are non-refundable but to understand the inconsistency of your situation; the airline allows you to claim an eligible refund.
- The airline allows you to cancel the reservation from one month to one week before your chosen Ryanair flight takes off; so, it depends on the pace of cancellation how much you need to pay while canceling your reservation.
So, canceling a flight and getting a full refund on Ryanair is not a tough task. All you need to do is be constructive and conscious. Hopefully, you now have a way out with “can I cancel my Ryanair flight free of charge” so that you can comply with the cancellation formalities without worrying. However, you can contact the Ryanair customer service team to get a helping hand if you face any trouble processing the cancellation.
How much do I need to pay to cancel a Ryanair reservation?
Ryanair is one of the best airlines when it comes to policy flexibility. You can make an easy cancellation if you face genuine problems continuing the journey. The airline even provides free cancellation to those who complete the formalities within a day of the original booking. But, if you surpass the risk-free period, you might have to pay the cancellation fees up to $25.
However, no matter your fare type, you must comply with the basic cancellation terms and conditions as mentioned by the airline. Need an overview of the Ryanair cancellation policy? This article can help you out in real-time as here you can find relatable details about canceling a reservation at Ryanair.
General Cancellation Policy of Ryanair
Here is a list of general cancellation policies that every traveler looking forward to cancel their reservation must consider:
- Ryanair allows you to cancel your reservation as late as up to 2.5 hours before the flight is set to take off. Though, you must pay the applicable charges to initiate the cancellation at the last moment.
- The Ryanair flight cancellation policy stays effective for both the fare types- refundable and non-refundable.
- And, if the airline itself cancels your reservation, you qualify for a full refund, and the airline is obliged to provide you compensation; the compensation or refund amount you get depends on the reason that led to the cancellation.
- However, you can use the airline’s online portal to cancel a reservation only if you booked your ticket directly from Ryanair. If an online travel agent is involved, you must contact them to cancel the ticket and proceed with other formalities.
- You need not worry about can I cancel my flight and get my money back Ryanair, as the airline credits every penny it owes against the cancellation. And, if you qualify for compensation, the airline credits the eligible amount and services within the pre-decided business days.
- Do you need a full refund? You must cancel your Ryanair reservation within 24 hours, considering its booking timing. This way, you can skip paying cancellation charges as well.
- Also, Ryanair takes around seven to ten business days to provide a refund and the time varies depending on the payment type you used to purchase the ticket.
- If you choose to be a no-show, the airline does not take responsibility to provide a refund on taxes or other extras along with the original base fare.
- You can claim bereavement fees if you cancel your reservation due to the demise of your travel companion or an immediate family member. You might have to provide extra documents to prove your situation in such an unfortunate case.
Now you know how much does it cost to cancel a Ryanair flight and how you can skip paying those charges. So, go online and cancel your reservation without further stalling the process. However, if you face network glitches while canceling the ticket, you can ask the Ryanair professionals for help. The agents can guide you through the cancellation conditions and perform the formalities on your behalf.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *