Have you got some extra or miles in your travel account on United Airlines? And have you planning to use them to book flights for someone else as in friends or family? Well, many airlines such as United Airlines lets you do this. However, there are certain things that you are required to keep in your mind. Besides, United Airlines let you use your miles to book flight tickets for others but you won’t be able to transfer them directly to someone else. Hence, you’ll need to book the flight tickets on your own and let the other individual enjoy the trip.
How Do I Buy A Flight Ticket For Someone Else On United Airlines
Also, if you make a special request on the airline to transfer your miles, then you’ll have to pay the extra fee that’ll depend upon the number of tickets, booking details, routes, destinations, etc. Hence, if you are looking for information on how to use United Airlines miles to book a flight for someone else, then here’ what you need to know.
Important Points To Before You Book A Flight For Someone Else On United
- On United Airlines, any miles that are transferred from one account to another do not count for elite status holders.
- If you wish to transfer your miles to another individual, then you’ll need to first contact the airline’s customer services and discuss with the United Airlines live experts.
- United Airlines lets you Purchase Flight Ticket For Someone Else as in Award Ticket via using your own miles, and the airline also offers you multiple options to book flight tickets. However, the airline charges $35 per 1000 miles, and offers a 40% bonus for every purchase for flight tickets between $175 for every 5000 miles, $875 for every 25,000. Besides, the passengers will also receive an 85% bonus for miles 30,000 ($1,050) –94,000 ($3,290) on United Airlines.
- Passengers can also purchase up to 175,000 miles per account and per calendar year on United Airlines. However, such miles do not count towards the MileagePlus status on the airline.
- Also, it costs around $70 for 2,000 and $6,125 for 175,000 miles for passengers thinking to gift them to other passengers.
How To Purchase Flight For Someone Else? United Airlines
One can easily purchase their United Airlines flight tickets for someone else like parents, children, or anyone else. Besides, booking United Airlines flight tickets for someone else is as easy as booking them for yourselves. Here’s how.
- At first, visit the official homepage of united Airlines, then either get access to your Mileage plus account, or scroll to the fare search section.
- Enter the booking details such as departure and destination airports, then select the travel dates followed by choosing the number of passengers.
- Hereafter, get info on the available fares, then choose the best ones, and then continue to enter the passenger’s info on the next page.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions to make payments through your earned miles and confirm the bookings for another passenger.
United Live Representatives
Moreover, you could also use the combination of your earned miles and cash to Book A Flight For Someone Else On United, and ensure better plans. However, if you wish to know more about the same, then contact the airline’s customer services and get better info from the United live experts.
Frequently Asked Questions