Want To Get Refunds From Etihad? Here’s What You Should Know
Have you been struggling with your refunds on Etihad? Well, getting a refund can be confusing when you have no idea about the airline’s refund policy. However, the airline does offer considerable relaxation on its flight cancellations and refunds. But that too comes with the airline’s refund guidelines and other factors.
Therefore, if you have also made your reservations on Etihad, and wish to know about the Etihad Refund Policy, online refund process, and other relevant info, then read this post further.
Important Point Etihad Refund Policy
- As per the Etihad Refund Policy, the airline offers a full refund for the cancellations made within 24 hours of the ticket purchase. Applicable to all the fare types, and one won’t have to pay the refund fee for the same as well.
- In case, if any of the passengers have made their Etihad reservations within 7 days or less before the departure date, and wants to cancel their bookings, within 24 hours before the scheduled departure, then a cancellation fee will be charged to get refunds.
- One can get a refund from Etihad if their flight ticket is eligible for a refund. Besides, the airline provides the refund through the same mode of transaction that was used for purchasing flight tickets. However, if passenger has purchased a non-refundable fare, then the airline will offer the refunds within the form of travel credits after the booking is cancelled.
- In the event, if your flight are canceled from the airline’s end, then the airline will either offer you a full refund or rebook another flight. However, a refund will be provided if you opt for it.
Moreover, have a look at the steps mentioned here to make your online refund request on Etihad.
Online Steps To Make Refund Request On Etihad
You can make your refund request on the airline as per the Etihad Refund Policy.
- Visit the official homepage of Etihad in your web browser, then scroll to the manage Booking tab.
- Now, enter the booking details such as the passenger’s last name and booking reference number and then hit the Manage Booking option.
- After fetching the booking details, follow the onscreen instructions to cancel your bookings, and then make your refund request (if eligible).
Moreover, if you need any further assistance on the Etihad Refund Policy, online refund request process, then kindly reach out to the airline’s customer services and get required assistance.
With head office in Khalifa City, Etihad Airways is known as the second flag-bearer of the UAE. Etihad Airways makes it easier for travelers to travel abroad in comfort and luxury by leveraging them with the best possible amenities and facilities. The airline prioritizes the needs and requirements of its travelers; to cater to that, Etihad has introduced several flexible policies.
Is Etihad Airways Ticket Refundable
Etihad stands out from the crowd and helps travelers lead a contented journey from accessible booking facilities to easy refunds. To know the Etihad Airways Refund Policy, keep reading this article before canceling your Etihad flight.
Etihad Airlines allows you to get a refund on your canceled flight if you submit your request within 24 hours of the booking. But to get a refund, your ticket must fit correctly with the airline’s refund policy as stated below:
Steps To Get Refund From Etihad Airways
- Make sure the ticket purchased is a refundable one and then only apply for the cancellation.
- It is required that your ticket must have been purchased using a single credit card to get a refund.
- The ticket you wish to cancel must have been issued at least more than five days ago from the refund request submission date.
- Once you have canceled the ticket and submitted a refund request, you can not reverse the process.
- Any refund you request must qualify the fare rules and regulations same as the original ticket. Also, consider paying some extra charges to your bank to proceed with the process.
- The Etihad Airways Refund Policy states that the requested refund should be credited in the original payment form. And, if you no longer use the card from which you initially paid for the booking, consider contacting the customer support team of Etihad.
- Refunds at Etihad Airways might take around 14 to 30 business days to get fully credited to your account.
- Etihad Airways states in its refund policy that the Global Service Fees remain non-refundable.
- Also, the refund depends on the type of route you have selected while booking, and you might have to pay some applicable charges to cancel your flight.
- When booked with multiple fares at any Etihad flight, the airline will apply some restrictive fare rules.
- If you cancel your flight within 96 hours of its scheduled departure, a 10% extra charge will be applied to your canceled flight. The rest of the amount will be debited in the original payment form.
- If you are canceling your flight due to the demise of your travel companion or someone closer to you, you are eligible for a full refund. But, the airline might require some official documentation to prove your situation of cancellation.
- If you are about to miss your flight, it is advisable to inform the airlines as soon as possible. If you fail to do so, your flight will be canceled, and you would not be able to request a refund for it.
What Is Etihad Cancellation Policy
Etihad airways provide flexible and feasible cancelation policy that attracts customer every time. If you also have your booking In Etihad airways and want to cancel your flight, you can do it anytime by paying a small amount of Etihad airways cancellation fee. The cancellation fee varies upon the fare types, time of cancelation, routes, etc. In some cases, you can also avoid a cancellation fee; go through the content below to get
Guidelines for Etihad airways cancellation
- As per the Etihad airways 24-hour cancellation policy, no cancellation fee will apply if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking. Make sure that your booking is made seven days before.
- If you cancel your flight within 96 hours of the scheduled departure, you will have to bear an additional 10 % cancellation fee.
- You can cancel your ticket up to 2 hours before departure, and your cancellation fee will depend on the route, fare type (refundable /Non-refundable)
- You can avoid the cancelation fee if you are traveling with a special fare.
- If you have multiple fares, the airline will apply the most restrictive rules to the cancellation.
- Taking about the refund, if you cancel the flight within a time, you can apply for a refund, but it will depend on the fares rule. You will be entitled to get a full refund if passengers die or are immediate members.
- You will also get a full refund if the airline gets delayed for more than 3-4 hours.
- If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours, there will be no cancelation fee applicable; you will have to bear the cancellation fee if you can cancel it after 24 hours.
You can cancel your flight online by calling the reservation department or travel agent if a third party makes the booking. Make sure to cancel your ticket online, and when you don’t have to pay the Etihad Airways cancellation fee.
Etihad Customer Service
Keep in mind the points as mentioned earlier before you cancel a ticket with Etihad Airways. Etihad Airways Refund Policy is introduced to benefit the travelers in times of their inconsistencies. Also, if you cannot proceed with getting a refund on your canceled flight, consider calling the customer service of Etihad Airways to get best-fitting assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions