Is it possible to put a hold on flight reservations?
There can be so many genuine reasons that can lead to the cancellation or delay in travel plans. But many airlines put traveler’s needs foremost, so to cater to them with a seamless booking experience, airlines provide reservation hold facilities.
How Long Can I Hold A Flight Reservation
Holding a reservation can help you think through your travel plans and make a smart decision. So, if you want one or two days extra to be sure if you want to go on your next vacation or not, this article will help you out efficiently.
Steps To Put A Flight Reservation On Hold
If you do not know how to put my flight ticket on hold, then follow the mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of your preferred airlines.
- On the homepage, you will get a body text to book a new flight ticket.
- Fill in the required details like if your flight is a round trip, multi-city, or a one-way flight, the departing and arrival locations of your flight, select the dates of your flights, number of passengers.
- Next, choose the cabin class where you would like to continue your journey, and then apply the promo code if you have any.
- After filling in all details, click on the Find My Flights/ Search Flights/ Find Flights option.
- Now, a page with several flight details of the most suitable flight options will appear on your screen.
- Choose the best-fitting flight that suits your requirements and itinerary.
- Comply with the further formalities prompted on your desktop/mobile screen.
- You can get a new form page to fill in your details- Passenger’s First Name, Last Name, date of their birth, Contact Number, and an active Email Address to receive any update related to your flight; click on the Continue button.
- Now, if you want to hold your reserved flight, select the Hold My Flight instead of proceeding with the payment procedure.
Follow the mentioned steps, and you will find a way to reserve a seat without having to pay for at least 24 hours.
Things To Note Before You Hold Your Reservation
You can indeed put a hold on your flight reservation, but there are several things to keep in mind, like how long can I hold a flight reservation. Below discussed are some generic points that can give you a piece of detailed knowledge about flight reservation hold:
- All the airlines traveling to or from the US have to provide the reservation hold facility for at least 24 hours.
- But make sure that if you need to cancel the hold, it must be done within 24 hours of booking.
- Many airlines allow you to hold your flight for free if you hold your booking for 24 hours. But, if you need more extensions, you can purchase the hold by paying some applicable charges.
Also, you can call the airline and request them to hold your reservation if you cannot comply with the steps on your own. Call the airline and ask them how to put my flight ticket on hold; the customer service team will guide you clearly and effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions